unGlue tracks and reports on any Internet-accessible apps, websites, games and social media platforms through our different products that we offer. One is through the install of our mobile apps for mobile devices, which enables mobile devices to be monitored whether connected to WiFi networks or even cellular.
The other is through our Home Monitor Service, which monitors additional devices that are connected to your home network, which can include mobile devices and includes computers, game consoles, Smart TVs. etc.
When a mobile device is connected to the home network that is using the Home Monitor service (or Puck), the VPN that is installed on your kid's devices is temporarily turned off as the device is already being monitored through the Home Monitor service on your network.
As soon as your kid's phone is outside of the home network however and connects to the internet either through another WiFi network or Cellular, the VPN will reconnect on for monitoring.
- I need to connect the device to the internet NOW.
- Getting "The new MDM payload does not match the old payload" error
- Kids App (iOS) does not pair / connect with my Parent App
- Why is my child’s device not following the Entertainment Time schedule?
- My child disabled unGlue. How do I turn it back on?
- I don’t see the VPN symbol on my child’s device anymore
- The internet access schedule is supposed to turn off. Why can I still access the internet?
- The VPN keeps saying “connecting” when I turn on my device. Why can’t I connect to the internet?
- unGlue is slowing down my internet speed. Why?
- VPN Authentication Problem
- Home Monitor does not pair with my unGlue App during installation
- How to fix apps reorganization on iOS devices
- How to reset my password