unGlue monitors and reports internet usage on a device through a virtual private network (VPN). The VPN must be on to provide you with accurate reporting so you can actively help your child manage their screentime.
VPN is part of the Mobile Device Management (MDM) that is installed on your kids' device during setup.
- What happens if my kid uninstalls unGlue? What can I do to keep this from happening?
- Will unGlue affect my cellular data rates?
- What apps and websites are considered Entertainment Time?
- My child keeps playing games beyond the time limit
- Can I share access with other people for the unGlue Parent App?
- Can I temporarily disable the VPN?
- Does unGlue monitor devices that are offline?
- What data does unGlue collect?
- Does unGlue track parent’s devices?